Why Kissing While Single Is Very Dangerous


Saturday night was a splendid one, you know why? Because I had to lecture someone on this above topic. I was sleeping when I heard my roommate conversing on phone with his girlfriend (MTN refer to that as xtra-cool). Yes that was a disturbance, I couldn't sleep any longer, fortunately for me I could hear what they where both saying: I eavesdropped!

it was a very interesting conversation of which I felt jealous, did I? No I didn't. All I know was that I felt like calling someone too, unfortunately I had none. I have been enjoying the conversation until it came to the shocking part of which I heard his girlfriend refusing sex before marriage, claiming she's still a virgin but she was not an opposition to the act of kissing before marriage. That part shocked me, I have been hearing about this but I have never heard someone I know talk about it, I had to beg and pester my friend to please hand over the phone to me of which he agreed, then I was fulfilled when I talked to and convinced the ignorant lady.

Is kissing before marriage a sin? This is a frequently asked question by singles that really want to leave the bird undefiled. It is so unfortunate to notice that although they want answers but when they get one they decide to go against it and they twist the bible to suit their decision: they really wish to explore the act (at least it's romantic). The aforementioned lady had made some references to the Christian scripture—1conrinthians 16:20, Romance 16:16 et al.—of which the act of kissing was encouraged. when I heard this I laughed so hard to the extent of being challenged by a watch guard, then I said to myself: forgive her father for she knows not what she said.

Now listen, there is a big difference between the Jewish kiss and the French kiss. Noticeably, the Jews greet themselves with kisses, it is equivalent to the Western handshake. To the Jews, kissing is not a mouth-mouth, it is done to the cheek, and it is just a sign of respect, it is used to salute with no other ulterior motives. We all know what kissing in Nigeria means to Nigerian Youth— its not to salute each other. The word "holy" is actually being added to those aforementioned verses in the bible and so it will not be holy when it leads to premarital sex.

The motive behind kisses is what makes it right or wrong. You will not call it wrong when you see your Mom kissing your Dad or your Mom kissing your younger sister because of the motive behind it. I likened kissing in Nigeria to the event that occurred between Judas Iscariot and his master: Jesus. It was a serious event that led to the death of the two parties involved: Jesus was killed and Judas committed suicide (Luke 22:47). The motive behind the kiss given to Jesus was not to salute him but to reveal him. Then I say on to you, any kiss that is offered to you except with the motive of greetings is dangerous.

Can't you just wait until the fullness of time? A time is coming when you will be allowed to kiss through out the day with your spouse (although, not possible). A five minute kiss can lead to five years of shame and dejection, can you please wait for the right moment so you won't regret your action? If you can, then, you're on the right path. Happy Sunday!
Share on Google Plus

0 comments :

Post a Comment