Edwin Okon threatens World Cup 'hell'


Sacked Super Falcons coach Edwin Okon has threatened to reveal the things he ‘passed through’ during the last FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada, which warranted his sack.


The Rivers Angels coach was sacked shortly after returning to Nigeria from Canada, where the Super Falcons finished bottom of their group with just a solitary point, and was replaced by his assistant, Christopher Danjuma albeit on an interim basis.
And Okon, apparently still pained from the decision not to retain him, says he will speak up when the time is right.
“I went through a lot at the World Cup,” Okon said. “But I will tell you what happened to me at the World Cup and what I passed through.
“I know what I passed through at the World Cup and I will tell you when the time is right so you will know what I passed through.
“It is not yet time for me to tell the world what I passed through but when the time comes, the whole Nigeria will know what I passed through but for now I rest my case,” he said.
The 44-year old was roundly ridiculed for his often unconventional approach to press interviews, and also his refusal to shake the hand of the coach of the US women’s team, Jill Ellis after Nigeria’s exit from the World Cup was confirmed with a 1-0 loss to the Americans.
Source- News24
Share on Google Plus

0 comments :

Post a Comment