It's the SHOCKING twist that NO ONE saw coming: We're THRILLED to report that Taraji & Terrence are...


You KNOW you've truly hit the big time when you get an action figure or doll made of yourself. (Everybody, please keep quiet... we don't want Kanye to hear that.) So Lee Daniels will probably have this year's Christmas locked up when a line of collector dolls inspired by Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard’s beloved characters 'Cookie' and 'Lucious Lyon' hit the shelves soon.

While images of the actual dolls are not yet available, the announcement was accompanied by sketches capturing Cookie and Lucious’ signature looks. Wearing a leopard mini-dress and oversized fur coat, Cookie is seen putting one heel in front of the other, like a boss.

Meanwhile, Lucious exudes major chill dressed in a vibrant purple suit paired with a light turtleneck. (I love turtlenecks and I want this to really make a comeback.)


The items are expected to be released during Empire’s 3rd season this fall, just in time for the holiday shopping season.

And that might be just the beginning. The company apparently has a two-year licensing agreement with Twentieth Century Fox:

“We are thrilled to be designing a collection based on Empire, a show that has redefined fashion on television,” said designer Robert Tonner. “Our beautifully-crafted dolls will immortalize the show’s popular characters, fully embracing the exquisite style aesthetic the show brings to the small screen.
I'm hoping the finished products are as good as the MAD MEN dolls I've seen. I personally own a limited edition 'Roger Sterling' doll that set me back $150.
Don't laugh. It's a.. uh, an ... investment.  Yeah, that's it.  An investment. Yes sir, Judge. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 Why you shouldn’t take your phone into the bathroom

Also Read: Why you shouldn’t take your phone into the bathroom

And I'll probably pick up a Cookie doll when they hit the shelves. While I'm not the biggest fan of Lee Daniels, (the SHIT that comes out of that guy's mouth... Jesus Lord), I do think it's great that little kids everywhere can own toys which reflect our diversified world.

For any of my older and more sophisticated readers, I wonder if anyone remembers the MEGO hero series?  'The Falcon' (aka: Sam Wilson) was one of my favorite dolls,  and I would have him and Captain America team up against the Hulk and the Lizard every Saturday morning while watching cartoons.

While my Falcon doll may not be of the same caliber of quality as the Empire dolls will be, (I'm sure those MEGO dolls were cheaply made even by Chinese sweat shop standards), Sam Wilson is still just as cool to me as he ever was. And again, it wasn't every white kid who even had the chance to own ANY doll back then that wasn't white. I don't remember my sister's Barbie having too many black friends, that's for sure.

Now, let's hope these Empire dolls come out at a price point which doesn't have parents shaking their fists at Fox, (One can dream, right?), and battling each other on the aisles, circa Christmas time, like the great "Beanie Baby Battles" of the 1990's... or "The Cabbage Patch Kid Offensives" of the 1980s.

Maybe the Falcon will swoop in and help, once again, bring order to chaos.

Share on Google Plus

0 comments :

Post a Comment